Save the date!
The hugely successful Village Arts Festival is fast approaching and shaping up to be bigger and better than lasts year’s stellar event. Yeppoon came to life with live performances, street artists, rides, eat street style food alley and markets stalls.
The Yeppoon beachfront was buzzing with a strong festival vibe amongst the packed crowds.
Taking place over the weekend 11-13 August with a family friendly atmosphere The Village Festival has something for all ages and runs throughout the day into the evening all weekend.
If you have been thinking about doing more than just spectating and would like to become involved as a performer, stall holder or volunteer applications are still open and all info can be found at http://thevillagefestival.org.au/
Bring yourself, bring a friend and check out all The Village Arts Festival and beautiful Yeppoon has to offer.
If you are looking for accommodation for yourself or for guests Stranded Beach Stay Yeppoon offers the perfect option. Located at the beach end of Normanby street in the heart of the action we offer the choice of 5 guest rooms that can be booked individually or for the ultimate festival experience get together a group for an exclusive private booking (sleeps up to 12).
Stranded in Yeppoon? Your beach stay awaits…..
TOP 5 THINGS TO DO IN YEPPOON...
Looking for something to do these holidays? We’ve listed our top five things to do from our Yeppoon Locals guide. Fun, affordable options that will appeal to all ages and get you out and about amongst the beautiful natural areas that Yeppoon has to offer!
1. Take a drive to Byfield and visit Stoney Creek picnic area. Swim, kayak or bushwalk, the picnic area centres around a beautiful fresh water swimming hole. There are also camping grounds if you wish to stay overnight.
2. Situated at the south end of Kemp Beach just past Rosslyn Bay Marina Bluff Point walking trail is a favourite amongst Yeppoon locals. A gradual incline through bush and dry rainforest leads you to the Turtle Lookout where you can spot our beautiful green sea turtles at the base of the cliff. The bushwalk takes about 45 mins with the picnic grounds at the base the perfect spot to relax or take swim at the beach.
3. Got a 4WD? Pack a picnic and take a drive along beautiful Farnborough Beach on low tide. With access from Bangalee the beach stretches 17 kilometres long, find your perfect spot and set up for the afternoon with a beach fire. Swim, surf, fish or just chill this is a great way to spend a relaxing day with family and friends.
4. Situated just a short 30 min boat ride from Yeppoon is beautiful Great Keppel Island. Think crystal clear waters, white sand, palm trees and coral reefs! Swim, sail, snorkel, bushwalk or simply relax under the palms. Day trips are a great option with ferry services, Keppel Konnections travel daily from Rosslyn Bay Marina.
5. Hosted by Lure Living Flow Yoga takes place under the palms on Yeppoon Main Beach every Wednesday and Saturday morning at 6.45am. Cost is just a gold coin donation and is a beautiful way to start the day. Suited for all ages and levels – Namaste
Stranded in Yeppoon? Your beach stay awaits.....
Yeppoon Triathlon 2017
The 2017 Yeppoon Triathlon is now open for registrations! Now in its third year this exciting event is gaining support and momentum each year.
Held over the weekend on 5-6 August 2017 in beautiful sunny Yeppoon it is a great weekend away for both competitors and spectators.
Whether you are a seasoned professional or a novice the Yeppoon Triathlon promises to be a fun and friendly event. The swim leg takes place in the beautiful calm Yeppoon waters with bike riding and running courses in and around the township giving competitors and spectators the chance to take in the beautiful Yeppoon beachfront and surrounds.
Event Coordinator Glenn Skinner has done an amazing job of growing this event which was evident last year with the massive crowds that gathered on Yeppoon Main Beach to watch the winners come over the finish line with the action also displayed on large screen TV.
For people attending there is so much to do in between racing and cheering on friends and family. Yeppoon will be abuzz with markets stalls, cafes, restaurants, bars and boutique shopping all on offer, grab a bite, browse the shops and stop to watch the racing and soak in the relaxed beach vibe Yeppoon is renowned for.
Stranded Beach Stay Yeppoon offers group bookings travelling for this event the perfect beach stay option located just moments from all the Triathlon action. We have 5 individual guest rooms on offer sleeping up to 12 along with our creatively styled lifestyle spaces giving you the chance to create the ultimate Triathlon experience weekend away.
For more Yeppoon Triathlon info or to register visit http://yeppoontriathlonfestival.com.au/
Stranded in Yeppoon? Your beach stay awaits....
Stranded Beach Stay is officially open for business. The exciting new boutique beachfront guesthouse kicked off celebrations on Thursday, 9th March with members of Capricorn Enterprise showing their support alongside other local business owners, Michelle Landry MP and Mayor Bill Ludwig.
It was a full house and guests enjoyed champagne and canapes and enjoyed a guided tour of the guestrooms and creatively styled lifestyle spaces.
Feedback has been overwhelmingly positive with a steady stream of bookings and enquiries.
Located directly across from Yeppoon Main Beach amongst cafes, bars and restaurants Stranded Beach Stay offers guests a unique style of affordable accommodation compared to other traditional options.
Offering five guestrooms and creatively styled lifestyle spaces visitors to Yeppoon can enjoy a different accommodation experience that will suit everyone from solo travellers, couples or even groups travelling to the area for upcoming festivals such as Yeppoon Triatholon Festival, Village Arts Festival or the numerous events held by Yeppoon Surf Lifesaving Club and Keppel Bay Sailing Club.
Stranded in Yeppoon? Your beach stay awaits...